Pathways Community Services Association is an Aboriginal agency that draws jointly from the strengths and guidance of Aboriginal teachings and traditions and from promising practices in human services to support vulnerable children, youth and families.
We are seeking 2 fulltime Home Visitors for our new Nitsanak Mamawintowak Home Visitation program in Calgary. This self-referred, easy to access program meets the needs of Aboriginal families with young children.
Home Visitors support families with children in their critical early years of development to increase knowledge about child development, strengthen parenting skills, help families form positive and nurturing relationships with their children, and connect families to community supports. This program focuses on working with a trauma lens, including intergenerational trauma.
Home Visitors meet with vulnerable families in their home and in the community to reduce risks and build assets. They receive extensive training and support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a degree in Human Services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- a practice orientation that emphasizes strengths, resilience, and relationship within a trauma-informed context
- eagerness to work from an Aboriginal perspective
- openness to adding to knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- at least 5 years of experience working with vulnerable families and/or young children
- strong teamwork skills
- good organizational and data management skills
- previous experience in Home Visitation or In-Home programming will be considered an asset
- knowledge of community resources in Calgary
- a reliable vehicle and valid driver's license is essential
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title prior to August 19, 2016. We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions but will only contact people selected for interviews. These positions are subject to final funding approval.